Logo stampa
Netbox CMS EN - Home Page
 
Welcome to the official website of Terre di Faenza
 

Porta del Castello


Fig.1:

Tourist offices: Urp Solarolo

Description: Rebuilt after the second world war following the original model (15th century), it was known as the "Porta Vecchia" or "di Ponente" after the opening of another gate on the east side in the 16th century and was also the home of Monte di Pietà. In the second half of the 19th century it was completely knocked down and replaced as the entrance with two towers. It still has the original 1500’s emblem of the Este – Gonzaga family.

 

Last updated: 18/06/2013